Hi folks, please be aware that our opening hours are changing from the 19th of October 2020. Our revised “covid-19” trading times are as follows: Mon-Friday 2pm – 10pm, Sat – Sun 12pm – 10pm.
Also, for those of you that haven’t seen the news of late, there are a number of changes that took effect from Saturday 17th October 2020.
To bring everyone up to speed that visits us please be aware of the following laws and changes.
Canvey Island is ranked as a Tier 2 “HIGH” risk area and such from Saturday 17th October it will be against the law for mixed households to gather in any indoor setting. One household with / or support bubble up to six people may sit together in an indoor setting. For outdoor settings the “Rule of 6” applies which means that a mixed group from different households may meet but up to a maximum of 6 people. The new Tier 2 restrictions also sit alongside the following:
1. You must wear a face covering when entering the pub. No face covering = NO ENTRY. All of our staff will also be wearing face coverings.
2. You will be required by law to provide your details for NHS Test & Trace. If you have a smartphone, the new NHS App is available to download which will enable you to check in when you arrive. QR codes for the pub are in various locations around the pub as well as on the tables. If you do not have a smartphone you will be required to provide us with your details. The government and local authorities have instructed us to REFUSE ENTRY to any person that fails to either check in via the NHS App or provide us with their details.
3. When seated at your table and eating and / or drinking you may remove your face covering. When walking to or from your table, even if you pop to the loo, or to smoke / vape you will be expected to wear a face covering.
4. We are restricted by law to table service only. A member of staff will come to your table to take your order. You will not be permitted to go to the bar to order.
5. By law, all hospitality venues must be closed and locked up at 10pm. This means that our last service (last orders) will be between 9:30pm – 9:40pm.
All of these changes, along with those already in place, are a huge blow to our industry. We hope that you continue to support you local pub and thank you for your support.
Warren, Trudy and all the team.